Does Your Company Need Liquor Liability Insurance? Don’t Be So Sure You Don’t…

Safeguard your business with Liquor Liability Insurance

Owning a business that serves alcohol always introduces an extra layer of risk to manage. It doesn’t matter if you’re a bar, restaurant, or a catering company – you need liquor liability insurance. Liquor liability insurance protects you against loss and damages you might incur because of the claims against you because one of your patrons had one too many, injuring themselves or others.

It’s not just businesses on the service side who need liquor liability insurance. Companies who manufacture, retail, wholesale, or in any way facilitate the purchase of alcohol need to cover themselves against loss with liquor liability insurance coverage.

Who Needs Liquor Liability Insurance?

  • Bar or Restaurant Owners
  • Catering Company
  • Event Venues
  • Any business that sells alcohol

What Is Liquor Liability Insurance?

Unfortunately, even most insurance agents don’t understand liquor liability insurance. This underscores the need to work with experienced agents who will match you up with the coverage you need at a cost you can afford.

Still, it’s important for you to understand the basics so you can understand what it is your company needs … and why you need it.

Liquor laws vary widely from state-to-state, but “dram shop” laws hold servers financially responsible for the actions of the visibly intoxicated patrons they serve. They can apply to social clubs and private events as well as bars, restaurants, and liquor stores. You can also incur civil action for selling after hours, selling without a license, or selling to minors.

What Does Liquor Liability Insurance Cover?

  • Alcohol-Related Injuries
  • Property Damage
  • Legal Expenses
  • Lawsuit Settlements
  • Assault and Battery
  • Host Liquor Liability
  • Employees and Security Personnel
  • Vendor and Contactor Coverage
  • Catered Events
  • And More
Liquor liability insurance offers coverage for injury to a person or to property that you might be held legally liable for because a court decides you contributed to a person’s intoxication. Even if you own a bar, this is probably not covered by your general liability policy.

At Moorhead Insurance Agency, our experienced agents want to make the complicated process of purchasing liquor liability insurance as simple, easy, and as streamlined as possible for you. If you serve, sell, or distribute alcohol in any capacity, your business simply can’t afford to be without it.

Request a Quote

Please complete the below information and we will contact you for a Free Insurance Quote

Full Name(Required)

You get more
than just a policy with us!

Contact us today for a quote.



1516 Main Ave
Moorhead, MN 56560


Mon-Thurs: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Fri: 8:00AM-3:00PM
Sat-Sun: Closed